1. Go ahead. Hang up on those telemarketers.
2. Don’t sweat the mess. Keeping a tidy house is not how you want to be spending you time, trust me. Did someone see it? Don’t sweat that either. IT’S FINE. So you’re not going to be remembered for how orderly you were. So what?
3. The world is a wildly confusing place. Form your opinions, but don’t expect to be right all the time.
4. Don’t rush your plans. Think slowly and carefully about where you’re going with your life. At the same time…
5. Make decisions! Yeah, you’re going to make bad ones, but picking a path and walking down it is better than being in limbo all the time.
6. Mistakes are great. Mistakes are the best teachers.
7. Rejection will help to refine your art and transform you into a badass. Don’t shy away from it.
8. Let the kids flip the pancakes, even though they suck at it.
9. Wake up early. You actually like it. No joke.
10. This is not a perfect little world so drop the perfect little facade. Things getting real? Well, get real with them. Don’t be embarrassed for you or anyone else. You’re not putting on a play. Besides, if you were putting on a play then you’d need all of that emotional and awkward and messed up stuff or else it’d just be boring.
11. Don’t take yourself too seriously.
12. Persistence is key. Forget about easy. Easy gets you nothing.
Anyone else feeling any of these? I missed a lot. Anything you would add?